Are you cutting down on your intake of bread? Here is a delicious sandwich made with cauliflower instead of bread.
Read on to get this delicious recipe for grilled cheese on cauliflower sandwiches …
CelebNFood247.com enjoys cauliflower mashed instead of potatoes and are very excited to find this recipe.
We all enjoy sharing new recipes with each other and finding out which one we like the most.
With summer around the corner, our staff is cutting the carbs and this dish does the trick and keeps you satisfied. Give this cheesy jummy dish a try.
CAULIFLOWER GRILLED CHEESE:
1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (finely grated)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup pepper jack cheese (shredded)
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wrap a mason jar lid or small plate with plastic wrap and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, add the cauliflower florets and pulse until texture resembles rice.
- Remove the cauliflower rice to a large bowl and add eggs, Parmigiano-Reggiano, thyme and cayenne, stirring to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let sit five minutes. Using a towel, wring out the cauliflower mixture, discarding the excess liquid.
- In a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter and allow to melt. Using about a 1/2-cup of the cauliflower rice mixture form a patty using the plastic wrapped lid or plate and place into the sauté pan. Repeat this action 3 more times, so there are 4 patties in the pan. Cook until the bottoms of the patties are golden brown, about 5-6 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, add the pepper jack and cheddar cheese, and toss to combine thoroughly. Divide cheese evenly amongst 2 patties and place the remaining 2 patties on top of the cheese, creating 2 sandwiches. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet to finish in the oven if desired or return the grilled cheese to the pan and continue to cook until cheese has melted. Remove to a platter and serve!
If you are a big garlic fan then you may want to spice this up, because the dish goes well with garlic.