Who doesn’t love Champagne Cake? This is why, I was so excited to see one of my favorite chefs Clinton Kelly making a Champagne Cake. So divine!
I do not know about you, but I have always wanted to make a champagne cake. Read on to find out how to make Champagne Cake…
Today, the Chew chefs made Clinton Kelley’s mouth-watering champagne cake. OMG, we at celebnfood247 can’t wait to make it and of course eat it.
To get started, you will need the following ingredients for the cake:
- 3 egg whites
- 1 and 1/3 cup cups champagne
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box white cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
Champagne Buttercream frosting:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
- 4 and 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons champagne
- Garnish with silver dragees
The Chew’s Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly and Michael Symon make everything look easy to make and delicious. Homemade is always best as you can control what is in your food.
- For the Champagne Cake: Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease, two, 9-inch round cake pans with butter, line with parchment paper and dust with flour, tapping excess out.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add egg whites, champagne, cake mix, and oil. Mix on medium speed until fully combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared cake pans. Transfer to oven and bake for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, trim the tops of the cakes using a serrated knife to make flat and even.
- For the Champagne Buttercream Frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add butter and whip on medium speed, until smooth. With the mixer running on low, slowly add the confectioners’ sugar to the butter and increase speed to high. Add vanilla and champagne and mix until fully incorporated and the mixture is light and fluffy.
- To Assemble: Place one of the cake rounds onto a cake stand or serving platter. Top with a layer of the champagne frosting, spreading evenly across the top and around the sides. Use the remaining frosting to ice the entire cake.
- Garnish with dragees across the top. Slice and serve.
- It is wonderful how the Chew always encourages us to change ingredients or decorate per our own personal preferences.
We at CelebNFood247 all love to eat and cook. Cooking is a way to bond with family and friends as well as be creative. This recipe looks like a lot of fun with scrumptious rewards.